Neela Grammy Press Release
Read details on Neela's grammy in Hachette's official press release.
92nd Street Y
VisionIntoArt collaboration with composer Milica Paranosic and visual artist Carmen Kordas on the piece “Little Wounds,” inspired by You Have Given Me a Country. Premiered at the 92nd Street Y. Click here to see/hear the piece (scroll down to “Little Wounds”)
Neela Accepts 2015 Grammy
Neela accepting Grammy Award for Best Children’s Album, I AM MALALA. How One Girl Stood Up For Education And Changed The World by Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai, read by Neela Vaswani
Neela's Grammy Interview
Neela's post-grammy interview.
Interview with Neela on the Rumpus.
The American Book Awards
Neela receives the American Book Award for You Have Given Me a Country, televised on C-Span.
American Library Association
Interview about Same Sun Here and the importance of picture books at the American Library Association Mid-Winter Conference, Dallas.
- New York Historical Society Interview on Same Sun Here
- Baltimore Brew in conjunction with the CityLit Festival, You Have Given Me a Country
- Courier-Journal, You Have Given Me a Country
- ScopeDish, “Vaswani ‘96 on Writing and Success”
- Washington Post on 2015 Grammy nominees, I Am Malala
- NPR, “House, Vaswani Write a Novel in Letters,” Same Sun Here
The New York Times Neela interviewed by Clyde Haberman in an article about the New York Public Library’s literacy program
- Girls of Summer, Same Sun Here
- Knox Writers House, on the impact of place on writing
- Skidmore College “Creative Thought at Work”
- University of California, Davis, You Have Given Me a Country
- The Center for Fiction, New York City Neela at the Center for Fiction, with visiting students from The Young Women’s Leadership School in Brooklyn.
Red Tricycle Grammy Nominee concert piece, Neela in L.A.’s Red Tricycle for I Am Malala
Wear the Old Coat, Same Sun Here review
Mayor's Book Club Pick, Louisville, KY You Have Given Me a Country
The Rusty Key, Same Sun Here interview